- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds sea scallops*
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4-5 large garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh lemon is best)
- 2 plum tomatoes, rough chopped
1. To defrost frozen scallops, thaw in cold water. Remove the side muscle from the scallops if attached. Thoroughly pat dry with paper towels.
2. Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat until hot and sizzling. Add the scallops in a single layer without over crowding the pan
3.Season with salt and pepper to taste and fry for 2-3 minutes on one side (until a golden crust forms underneath), then flip and fry again for 2 minutes until crisp, lightly browned, and thoroughly cooked through. Remove from skillet and transfer to a plate.
4. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same pan, scraping up any browned bits left over from the scallops. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant (1 minute).
5. Pour in wine (or broth) and bring to a simmer for 2 minutes or until wine reduces by about half. Stir in the remaining tablespoon of butter and lemon juice. Add tomatoes.
6. Remove pan from the heat and add the scallops back into the pan to warm through slightly.
7. Serve over pasta, rice, risotto or eat on its own!
Please look for all items* in our product list section.